Ft Worth DFW Texas attorney Larry Dassow will handle your expunction, order of non-disclosure, occupational license, or criminal law case.

- Expunction Of Records -                             Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Dallas Area                           - Order Of Non Disclosure -

Law Office: (817) 348-0870       Toll Free: (888) 201-7176

  ~ Areas of Practice ~
   Legal Home Page
   Expunge Your Record
   Seal Your Record
   Occupational Drivers
 License - ODL
   Criminal Law

  ~ Contact Law Office ~
   Contact Law Office
   Pay Legal Services

  ~ Attorney Fees ~
   Legal Services
   Non Disclosure Kit
   Record Expunction Kit
   Occupational Drivers
 License (ODL) Kit

  ~ FAQs ~
   Expunction FAQs
   Sealed Record FAQs
   Occupational Drivers
 License (ODL) FAQs
   Criminal Law FAQs

~ Additional Info ~
   About Larry Dassow
   Site Map


Criminal Law FAQs

Below are questions criminal lawyers are commonly asked by their clients. If you do not see an answer to your legal question, please contact us. We will be more than happy to answer any legal questions you may have.

Do you handle both felonies and misdemeanors?
The law office represents clients on all types of felony and criminal offenses. Among the most common cases we handle are: expunging of records, sealing of records, orders of non disclosures, occupational driver's licenses, theft by check or bad check cases, DWI, public intoxication, drug possession cases, unlawful carrying of a weapon, , disorderly conduct, probation, bond settings and reinstatements, walk throughs, warrants, criminal mischief and assault.

What counties do you practice law in?
Mr. Dassow handles legal cases in the Tarrant County, Dallas County, Denton County, Collin County, Parker County, Wise County and the surrounding metroplex areas in the state of Texas.

Are payment plans accepted for your legal services?
Yes, we try to be very flexible with regard to establishing payment plans for our clients. We accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express.

Can you expurgate my criminal record?
Yes, as long as you qualify! criminal expunction is our specialty. If your criminal case resulted in a dismissal decline, or not guilty verdict, you are eligible to have your record expunged or expurgated.

Why would I need to expunge my record if my case was dismissed?
Even if your case was dismissed or you were found not guilty, your criminal history will show you were arrested and charged with a crime. Expurgating or expunging your record will erase this criminal history from your record.

Do you handle non disclosure orders?
Yes, we handle records in need of an order of non disclosure. A non disclosure order will seal your criminal record. This order is also referred to as Sealing the criminal record. Sealing your record is an excellent way to limit the discovery of your past criminal history.

Who will my record be Sealed from?
A non disclosure order, seals your record and will prohibit criminal justice agencies from disclosing your past arrest and charge from the public. However, if your particular offense calls for a waiting period, you may lose your eligibility for this Order if you receive a subsequent conviction or deferred adjudication. Except for traffic violations.

Do juvenile records need to be sealed or expunged?
Sealing or Expunging of juvenile records does NOT happen automatically! You must seek the sealing of your records through the courts and can do so only at a certain time. Each case is different and will be decided individually by the Court.

How can I get an Occupational License to drive?
It will depend on your criminal record and Texas driving record. You can almost always get an occupational driver�s license allowing you to drive to work or drive for necessities such as for groceries or medical circumstances.

If I am arrested for DWI in Texas, will my license be suspended automatically?
If you refused to provide a sample of your breath, blood, or if your breath sample results in an alcohol concentration of .08 or greater, and a hearing is not requested to fight a Texas DWI suspension, it will be suspended.

Can I represent myself in a court of law?
There is an old saying: "A person who represents himself in court has a fool for a client.". Yes, you can represent yourself in court. However, you will be expected to know and adhere to the same rules of law, evidence, and procedure that attorneys spend years learning in law school, and perfecting in the courtroom.

If you are being prosecuted for a criminal offense, the prosecuting attorney will, due to his or her training and experience, have a tremendous advantage over you. Acting as your own attorney can have didisastrous consequences (jail time, probation, hefty fines, court costs, permanent loss of civil liberties, permanent criminal record, etc.) that might otherwise have been avoided or minimized had you simply hired a lawyer.

What is an Administrative License Revocation Hearing (ALR)?
In order to preserve your right to drive in Texas, you must request an ALR hearing within 15 days of the date you were served with a Notice of Suspension to fight to keep your Texas license from being suspended. Requesting this hearing in a timely manner will allow you the ability to continue driving until the hearing. If you lose at the hearing, you will not be able drive after the hearing. If your license is suspended at the hearing, you may be able to secure a Texas occupational driver's license.

The Texas Administrative License Revocation Program, was created to provide an efficient and fair process for suspending the driver�s licenses of the people who choose to drive on Texas highways while intoxicated.

An ALJ (Administrative Law Judge ) from SOAH (the State Office of Administrative Hearings) is assigned to conduct the Texas ALR hearing. He listens to both sides to make rulings on preliminary matters and makes the final decision in the ALR case.

If the Administrative License Revocation Hearing finds the DPS (Department of Public Safety) has proved it's case, the Texas ALJ will issue an order which authorizes the suspension of the driver's license. If the Texas ALJ finds that the DPS has not proved it's case, the drivers license will not be suspended.

Do you handle jail release?
Yes. The legal process involved in jail releases varies, depending upon your particular circumstance. Please contact our office for further information.

How do I get someone out of jail?
It depends on why the person is in jail in the first place. In most situations, the quickest way to free someone from jail is by bonding him or her out. If a person is charged with a state crime, he can be bonded out by a professional bondsman. A professional bondsman has entered into an agreement with the County of incarceration to guarantee the appearance of the accused at future court dates.

The County will release the accused on a bondsman's guaranty. A professional bondsman normally charges 10-20% of the bail amount for his service. Be aware, however, if you post a cash bond, it may take the County Sheriff several weeks after the case is over to return the money you have paid.

How do I find out if there is a warrant for my arrest?
Call the sheriff's department of the county in which you suspect that a warrant has been issued.

What do I do if there is a warrant out for my arrest?
If bail has already been set in your case, you may post bond, via a "walk tthrough procedure, without being placed under arrest. This can be done by posting a cash bond or posting a bond through a professional bondsman. Plan on spending about four hours to complete this process.

Why do I have a "no bond" in my case?
A "no bond" means that the accused cannot be bonded out of jail until bail is set by the assigned judge in his case. Reasons for receiving a "no bond" are that the accused is on probation or on bond for another criminal offense, the accused is charged with a particularly violent crime and/or the accused has previously been sentenced to prison two or more times.

Sometimes, the "no bond" designation was made mistakenly. On more than one occasion, the law firm of Larry Dassow has had to rectify these mistakes. If your case is a "no bond", the lawyer needs to request a bail amount from the judge. Unfortunately, this usually means that bail will not be set until the next day or the following Monday (if the arrest occurs on the Weekend). Judges do not normally set a bond until the accused is formally in custody.

Do you handle jail release?
Yes. The legal process involved in jail releases varies, depending upon your particular circumstance. Please contact our office for further information.

Your website states "Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization". What does that mean?
The State Bar of Texas requires this disclaimer to appear in all advertisements for all Texas attorneys who have not chosen to seek certification in a particular area of law (e.g., criminal law, family law, etc.).

Attorney, Larry Dassow is licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas to practice all areas of law in all Texas state courts. He has received a Bachelor of Arts degree from The University of Texas, and awarded a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from The Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, which is fully accredited by the American Bar Association.

By choice, Mr. Dassow has not specialized in any particular area of law, in as much as he prefers to practice several different areas of law.

For a in depth legal case evaluation, give us a call or click here for a legal case evaluation. We look forward to hearing from you and offering any legal help we can.

Thank you,
Larry Dassow
A Texas Attorney at Law

| Home | About Larry Dassow | Expunction FAQs | Legal Services | ODL | Record Expunction | Contact Us | Seal Records |
| Criminal Law | Sealed Record FAQs | Occupational License FAQs | Criminal Law FAQs | Site Map | Disclaimer |

Not Certified By the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Designed and hosted by: Bummer Hosting Solutions